Promote goodwill, community involvement and a sense of pride in the community. Assists with planning of events by other committees.
- Quarterly Public Community Council Meetings
- Halloween Party
- Light Up Night
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Block Watch ( Meets first Monday of every month at 6:30 PM at the Hear Corporation, 25 Carrick Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA, 15210 )
- Conduct monthly educational and informational meetings on public safety
- Promote a good working relationship between citizens and law enforcement officers
- Act as a liaison between Carrick and Zone 3 Police Station Public Safety Council
- Advocate for appropriate response from Pittsburgh Public Safety Departments, as needed
- Involve citizens in combating graffiti and reporting crimes to improve the environment in Carrick and surrounding areas
- Committee members regularly attend public safety meetings conducted by both the local police department as well as city sponsored meetings
- Encourages streets to form Block Watches and maintain contact with those Block Watch Captains.
No post found